Research programme: growth hormone-releasing hormone agonists - Biscayne PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: BIS-5409; GHRH agonists - Biscayne; MR-409
Latest Information Update: 23 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Originator University of Miami
- Developer Biscayne Pharmaceuticals
- Class Hypothalamic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Growth hormone releasing factor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Myocardial infarction; Type 1 diabetes mellitus