BenapenemAlternative Names: Benapenum
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Originator KBP Biosciences
- Class Antibacterials; Beta-lactams; Carbapenems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2014 Phase-I clinical trials in Bacterial infections in China (Parenteral)
- 22 Jan 2013 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in China (Parenteral)