Research programme: cellular energy metabolism-targeted therapeutics - Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma/Edison Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 17 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma; Edison Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Edison Pharmaceuticals; Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Mitochondrial disorders; Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2014 Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma is now called Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- 15 Feb 2014 Early research in Mitochondrial disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Feb 2014 Early research in Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)