Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Alcon
- Class Eye disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Dry eyes
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Dry-eyes in USA (Topical, Drops)
- 04 Jun 2013 Alcon Research completes a phase I trial in Dry eyes in USA (NCT01833117)
- 03 May 2013 Phase-I clinical trials in Dry eyes in USA (Topical)