GKM 002Alternative Names: GKM-002
Latest Information Update: 16 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Originator Advinus Therapeutics
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucokinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2011 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in India (PO)