At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class 3-ring heterocyclic compounds; Antidementias; Pyridines; Quinazolinones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic M1 receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 18 Apr 2016 Merck terminates a phase IIa/IIb trial for Alzheimer's disease (Adjunctive treatment) in USA and Canada (NCT01852110)
- 24 Dec 2015 MK 7622 is still in phase II trials for Alzheimer's disease (Adjunctive treatment) in USA
- 24 Dec 2015 Phase-II clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease (Adjunctive treatment) in Canada (PO) (NCT01852110)