Diepalrestat choline - BioNevia/NeuroMaxAlternative Names: BNV-222; Choline cocrystal of epalrestat - Bionevia Pharmaceuticals; Choline diepalrestat; NM-IA-001
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Bionevia Pharmaceuticals
- Developer BioNevia Pharmaceuticals; NeuroMax
- Class Small molecules; Thiazolidines
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II/III Diabetic neuropathies