Metformin controlled-release - TWi Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2013
At a glance
- Originator TWi Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Gluconeogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2013 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Taiwan (PO)