Research programme: Parkinson's disease therapeutics - Amicus Therapeutics/Biogen
Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2015
At a glance
- Originator Amicus Therapeutics; Biogen Idec
- Developer Amicus Therapeutics; Biogen
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucosylceramidase replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 10 Sep 2013 Early research in Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)