Interferon beta-1a biosimilar - BiosidusAlternative Names: Biosidus interferon beta 1a; Blastoferon
Latest Information Update: 20 Sep 2013
At a glance
- Originator Biosidus S.A.
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 10 Aug 2011 Launched for Multiple sclerosis in Argentina (Parenteral)
- 16 May 2011 Launched for Multiple sclerosis in Chile (Parenteral)