Follitropin beta biosimilar - Reliance Life SciencesAlternative Names: FostiRel
Latest Information Update: 01 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Originator Reliance Life Sciences
- Class Follicle stimulating hormones; Infertility therapies; Peptide fragments; Pituitary gonadotropins
- Mechanism of Action Gonadal steroid hormone stimulants; Ovarian follicle stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Female infertility; Sex hormone disorders
Most Recent Events
- 26 Oct 2012 Launched for Sex hormone disorders (spermatogenesis in males) in India (SC) before October 2012
- 26 Oct 2012 Launched for Female infertility in India (SC) before October 2012