Insulin biosimilar - BioconAlternative Names: Insugen; Recombinant human insulin - Biocon
Latest Information Update: 14 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Originator Biocon
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 10 Nov 2004 Launched for Diabetes mellitus in India (SC)