Acarbose/metformin - Lotus PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Acarmet F.C. tablets
Latest Information Update: 01 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator Lotus Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors; AMP activated protein kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Registered Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 01 Nov 2010 Phase-III clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Taiwan (PO)