Meningococcal vaccine group A conjugate (MenAfriVac) - Serum Institute of India/PATHAlternative Names: MenAfriVac; Meningitis A vaccine - Serum Institute of India/PATH; Meningococcal A conjugate vaccine - Serum Institute of India/PATH; Monovalent group A conjugate vaccine - Serum Institute of India/PATH
Latest Information Update: 30 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Originator Serum Institute of India
- Class Meningococcal vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Meningococcal group A infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2013 Serum Institute of India completes the phase III PsA-TT-007 trial in Meningococcal group A infections (prevention) in Mali (Parenteral)