PEG loxenatideAlternative Names: PEX168; Polyethylene glycol loxenatide
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Originator Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.
- Developer Jiangsu Hansoh Pharmaceutical; Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Obesity therapies; Peptides; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jun 2015 Jiangsu Hansoh Pharmaceutical plans a phase I trial (in volunteers) in China (NCT02461914)
- 31 May 2015 First Affiliated Hospital Xi'an Jiaotong University initiates enrolment in a phase I trial in volunteers in China (NCT02451527)
- 26 May 2015 First Affiliated Hospital Xi'an Jiaotong University plans a phase I trial in volunteers in China (NCT02451527)