Research programme: transgene-enabled cell-based cancer therapies - Mesoblast/Intrexon/ZIOPHARM
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Originator Mesoblast; ZIOPHARM Oncology
- Developer Intrexon Corporation; Mesoblast; ZIOPHARM Oncology
- Class Cell therapies; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Non-small cell lung cancer
Most Recent Events
- 23 Oct 2013 Early research in Non-small cell lung cancer in USA (Parenteral)