Research programme: muscarinic antagonist/beta-2 agonist therapeutics - Almirall S.A.Alternative Names: LAS-194871; MABA programme - Almirall S.A.
Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Originator Almirall S.A.
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists; Muscarinic M3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Nov 2014 AstraZeneca and Almirall complete transaction to transfer rights to Almirall's respiratory franchise, including LAS 194871, to AstraZeneca ,
- 30 Sep 2013 Preclinical development is ongoing in Spain
- 28 Feb 2011 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Spain (Inhalation)