MK 8666Alternative Names: MK-8666
Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action FFAR1 protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 19 Mar 2014 Merck completes a phase I clinical trial in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (NCT01971554)
- 04 Nov 2013 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)