Research programme: tau positron emission tomography imaging agents - Alzheimer's disease - Avid RadiopharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: T 557; T 726
Latest Information Update: 18 Dec 2013
At a glance
- Originator Siemens Medical Solutions
- Developer Avid Radiopharmaceuticals
- Class Imaging agents; Radiopharmaceutical diagnostics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 18 Dec 2013 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease (Diagnosis) in USA (Parenteral)