Research programme: inhaled cystic fibrosis therapeutics - Vectura/Chiesi
Latest Information Update: 18 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator Activaero GmbH; Chiesi Farmaceutici
- Developer Chiesi Farmaceutici; Vectura
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 2014 Activaero GmbH has been acquired by Vectura
- 09 Sep 2013 Preclinical trials in Cystic fibrosis in Italy (Inhalation)