Research programme: p21-activated kinase inhibitors - Karyopharm TherapeuticsAlternative Names: KPT 7189; KPT 7523; KPT 8752; KPT 9307; PAK4 inhibitors - Karyopharm Therapeutics; PAK4/NAMPT dual inhibitors - Karyopharm Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 28 Jan 2014
At a glance
- Originator Karyopharm Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase inhibitors; P21 activated kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Pancreatic cancer
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2014 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jan 2014 Preclinical trials in Pancreatic cancer in USA (PO)