Cholic acid (Orphacol) - Laboratoires CTRSAlternative Names: Orphacol
Latest Information Update: 31 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Laboratoires CTRS
- Class Choleretics; Cholic acids; Gallstone therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol 7 alpha hydroxylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Inborn genetic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 31 May 2016 Launched for Inborn genetic disorders in Germany (PO) before May 2016
- 12 Sep 2013 Registered for Inborn genetic disorders (inborn errors in primary bile acid synthesis) in European Union (PO)