Interferon alpha-2a biosimilar - Rhein Minapharm BiogeneticsAlternative Names: Hansenula-derived interferon alpha-2a; IFN-alpha-2a biosimilar - Rhein Minapharm Biogenetics; Interferon alfa-2a biosimilar - Rhein Minapharm Biogenetics; Reiferon
Latest Information Update: 21 Feb 2014
At a glance
- Originator Rhein Minapharm Biogenetics
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon alpha stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 31 Dec 2005 Launched for Hepatitis C in Egypt (SC)