Umeclidinium/fluticasone furoateAlternative Names: Fluticasone furoate/umeclidinium; GSK 685698/GSK 573719
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Androstadienes; Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Benzhydryl compounds; Bronchodilators; Glucocorticoids; Quinuclidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucocorticoid receptor agonists; Muscarinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 02 Mar 2016 Umeclidinium/fluticasone furoate is in phase II development for Asthma COPD overlap syndrome
- 01 Apr 2012 Phase-II clinical trials in Asthma in USA, Argentina, Chile, Thailand and Russia (Inhalation)