Pneumococcal vaccine - Chengdu Institute of Biological ProductsAlternative Names: 23-valent Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine - Chengdu Institute of Biological Products; 23vPPV; Pneumococcal 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine - Chengdu Institute of Biological Products
Latest Information Update: 05 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator Chengdu Institute of Biological Products
- Class Pneumococcal vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Pneumococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2006 Launched for Pneumococcal infections (prevention) in China (IM)
- 31 Dec 1996 Investigation in Pneumococcal infections (prevention) in China (IM)