BIIB 061Alternative Names: BIIB061
Latest Information Update: 09 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Biogen Idec
- Developer Biogen
- Mechanism of Action Myelin protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 09 Aug 2016 Biogen plans a phase II trial for Multiple sclerosis in 2016 (Biogen website, August 2016).
- 31 May 2016 Biogen Idec completes a phase I trial in Healthy volunteers in USA (NCT02228707)
- 01 Jul 2015 Biogen initiates enrolment in a phase I pharmacokinetics trial for Multiple sclerosis (In volunteers) in USA (PO, Capsule, New formulation) (NCT02521545)