RedaporfinAlternative Names: LUZ-11
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator Bluepharma; Universidade de Coimbra
- Developer Luzitin
- Class Antineoplastics; Macrocyclic compounds; Porphyrins
- Mechanism of Action Photosensitisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Head and neck cancer