Research programme: nucleic acid therapeutics - Marina BiotechAlternative Names: Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapeutics - Marina Biotech; Myotnoic dystrophy therapeutics - Marina Biotech; Rare disease therapeutics - Marina Biotech
Latest Information Update: 20 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Marina Biotech
- Class Antisense RNA; MicroRNAs; Nucleic acids
- Mechanism of Action Nucleic acid modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Duchenne muscular dystrophy; Myotonic dystrophy