Metformin/nateglinideAlternative Names: Nateglinide/metformin
Latest Information Update: 28 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Ildong Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Aromatic amino acids; Biguanides; Cyclohexanes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Gluconeogenesis inhibitors; Insulinotropin agonists; Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 01 Dec 2012 Ildong Pharmaceutical completes a phase I trial in Healthy volunteers in South Korea (NCT02088918)
- 01 Oct 2012 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus (in volunteers) in South Korea (PO)