Research programme: efflux pump inhibitors - BioVieAlternative Names: NA-MRSA; NA-TB; NEB-MRSA; NEB-TB
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Nano Antibiotics
- Developer BioVie
- Mechanism of Action Membrane protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2014 Early research in Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in USA before March 2014 (unspecified route)
- 27 Mar 2014 Early research in Tuberculosis (in drug-resistant disease) in USA before March 2014 (unspecified route)