Research programme: Biochronomer extended release therapeutics - Heron TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Buprenorphine extended release - Heron Therapeutics; HTX 003; Ropivacaine extended release - Heron Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Originator Heron Therapeutics
- Class Amides; Non-opioid analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Opioid abuse; Postoperative pain
Most Recent Events
- 01 Dec 2014 Preclinical trials in Opioid abuse in USA (SC)
- 12 Nov 2013 Preclinical trials in Postoperative pain in USA (Injection)