Research programme: antibody drug conjugates - MacroGenicsAlternative Names: MGC-018
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator MacroGenics
- Developer MacroGenics; Synthon
- Class Bispecific antibodies; Drug conjugates; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action CD276 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 21 Dec 2016 MacroGenics announces intention to submit an IND in 2018 (MacroGenics Form 8-K, filed in December 2016).
- 12 Dec 2016 MacroGenics in-licenses linker-drug technology from Synthon Biopharmaceuticals for MGC 018
- 16 Apr 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical trials in Solid tumors presented at the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2016)