Eicosapentaenoic acid/docosahexaenoic acid/statinAlternative Names: Epanova/statin; Fixed dose combination Epanova/statin
Latest Information Update: 08 May 2014
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Docosahexaenoic acids; Omega 3 fatty acids; Unsaturated fatty acids
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; Triglyceride modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase Unknown Hypercholesterolaemia; Hypertriglyceridaemia
Most Recent Events
- 06 May 2014 Investigation in Hypertriglyceridaemia in United Kingdom (PO)
- 06 May 2014 Investigation in Hypercholesterolaemia in United Kingdom (PO)