Research programme: tau protein positron emission tomography tracers - AC Immune/Piramal ImagingAlternative Names: 18F-Tau; Tau-PET tracer
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2014
At a glance
- Originator AC Immune
- Developer AC Immune; Piramal Imaging
- Class Imaging agents; Radiopharmaceutical diagnostics
- Mechanism of Action Positron-emission tomography enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 12 May 2014 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease (diagnosis) in Switzerland (Parenteral)