Latest Information Update: 16 Jan 2015
At a glance
- Originator Unknown
- Developer Second Genome
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Metagenome modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Inflammatory bowel diseases
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jan 2015 Phase-I clinical trials in Inflammatory bowel disease (In volunteers) in USA (PO)
- 12 Jan 2015 Second Genome in-licenses SGM 1019 from an undisclosed biopharmaceutical partner