At a glance
- Originator Pitney Pharmaceuticals
- Developer PharmAust
- Class Acetonitriles; Anthelmintics; Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 modulators; Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I/II Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 2016 Phase-I/II development is ongoing in Australia
- 17 Jun 2014 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Solid tumours (refractory metastatic disease, second-line therapy or greater) in Australia (PO)
- 25 Jul 2013 Pitney Pharmaceuticals and an undisclosed company agree to co-develop monepantel in Australia for cancer