FPFS 1169Alternative Names: -(-)-1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane hydrochloride; 1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane; Benzofuranylpropylaminopentane; BPAP-cpd; FPFS1169; R-(-)-1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane; R-(-)-BPAP; R-FPFS-1169
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Originator Fujimoto Pharmaceutical
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Benzofurans; Neuroprotectants; Propylamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis inhibitors; Catecholamine receptor agonists; Proto-oncogene proteins c-bcl-2 stimulants; Serotonin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jul 2014 No development reported - Phase-II for Parkinson's disease in United Kingdom (Injection)