Aspirin/sumatriptanAlternative Names: Aspirin/sumatriptan 325/12.5; VVD 101
Latest Information Update: 17 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Vivid Pharma Inc
- Class Antimigraines; Indoles; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Salicylic acids; Small molecules; Sulfonamides; Tryptamines
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; Serotonin 1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Headache
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jan 2016 Vivid Pharma completes a phase II trial in Headache (delayed alcohol indced) in USA (NCT02176655)
- 01 Jul 2014 Phase-II clinical trials in Headache (delayed alcohol induced) in USA (PO)