OZ 101Alternative Names: OZ-101
Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2014
At a glance
- Originator OzStar Therapeutics
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Carbohydrates; Sulfonylureas
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jul 2014 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Australia (PO)
- 28 Jul 2014 OzStar Therapeutics plans a phase II trial for Type-2 diabetes mellitus (Adjunctive treatment) in Australia (ACTRN12614000836639)