Malaria vaccine (FMP012) - Walter Reed Army Institute of Research/US Army Medical Research and Materiel CommandAlternative Names: Falciparum malaria protein-12 vaccine; FMP012; FMP012 subunit malaria vaccine - WRAIR; FMP012/AS01B malaria vaccine; Malaria vaccine PfCelTOS WRAIR; Malaria vaccine recombinant FMP012; Plasmodium falciparum FMP012 vaccine; Plasmodium falciparum PfCelTOS vaccine; Plasmodium falciparum vaccine FMP012; Recombinant FMP012 malaria vaccine
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command; Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Class Antimalarials; Parasitic vaccines; Subunit vaccines; Synthetic vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jun 2014 Preclinical trials in Malaria (Prevention) in USA (IM)
- 11 Jun 2014 Walter Reed Army Institute of Research and US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command plan a phase I trial for Malaria (Prevention) in USA (NCT02174978)