Research programme: metabolic disorder therapeutics - EastGate BiotechAlternative Names: Intraoral insulin - EastGate Biotech
Latest Information Update: 06 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Originator EastGate Acquisitions
- Developer EastGate Biotech
- Class Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Diabetes mellitus
- Research Metabolic disorders; Obesity