Peginterferon alfa-2a biosimilar - PfenexAlternative Names: PF694
Latest Information Update: 08 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Originator Pfenex
- Class Antivirals; Interferons; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants; Interferon alfa 2a stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Hepatitis B; Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2014 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis B in USA (SC)
- 30 Jun 2014 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C in USA (SC)