Salmeterol inhalation powder - Boehringer IngelheimAlternative Names: Salmeterol xinafoate inhalation powder - Boehringer Ingelheim
Latest Information Update: 04 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antibronchitics; Bronchodilators; Ethanolamines; Phenethylamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 24 Sep 2014 Discontinued - Phase-II for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Germany (Inhalation) prior to September 2014