Research programme: anti infectives - Cidara TherapeuticsAlternative Names: C 001; C 016; CD 201
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Seachaid Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Cidara Therapeutics
- Class Antibacterials; Antifungals; Antivirals; Echinocandins; Immunotherapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucan synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Aspergillosis; Gram-negative infections; Viral infections