Pleconaril - ApodemusAlternative Names: APO-P001
Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Apodemus
- Class Antivirals; Oxadiazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA inhibitors; Virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Alzheimer's disease; Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 04 Sep 2016 Apodemus terminates a phase II clinical trial in Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Combination therapy) in Sweden (PO)
- 23 Jun 2016 Apodemus completes a phase-II clinical trial in Alzheimer's disease (Combination therapy) in Sweden (PO)