Salmeterol/tiotropium bromide - Boehringer IngelheimAlternative Names: Tiotropium bromide/salmeterol
Latest Information Update: 20 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antibronchitics; Bronchodilators; Epoxy compounds; Esters; Ethanolamines; Phenethylamines; Small molecules; Thiophenes; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists; Muscarinic M1 receptor antagonists; Muscarinic M3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 2014 Discontinued - Phase-III for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Belgium and Netherlands (Inhalation)