At a glance
- Originator Lund University; University of Edinburgh
- Developer Galecto Biotech
- Class Antifibrotics; Small molecules; Thioglycosides
- Mechanism of Action Galectin 3 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 01 Dec 2016 Galecto Biotech completes a phase Ib/IIa trial in Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in United Kingdom (NCT02257177)
- 01 Mar 2015 Phase-II clinical trials in Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in United Kingdom (Inhalation)
- 01 Mar 2015 The US FDA approves IND application for TD 139 in Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis