Research programme: BH4 synthesis modulators - Quartet MedicineAlternative Names: QMED-1; QMED-2; Sepiapterin reductase inhibitors
Latest Information Update: 28 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Quartet Medicine
- Mechanism of Action GTP cyclohydrolase modulators; Sepiapterin reductase modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical studies presented at the 16th World Congress on Pain-2016 (WCP-2016)
- 26 Sep 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical study in Pain presented at the 16th World Congress on Pain (WCP-2016)
- 06 Jan 2016 Merck enters into agreement with Quartet Medicine to provide funding for development of BH4 synthesis modulators