Research programme: anti-microbial therapeutics - Assembly BiosciencesAlternative Names: AB M102; AB M103; AB-M101; ABI M201; ABI M301; Gemicel based therapeutics - Ventrus Biosciences; Gemicel based therapeutics -Assembly Biosciences; Microbiome therapeutics - Assembly Biosciences
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Assembly Biosciences
- Class Bacteria; Proteins; Small molecules; Viruses
- Mechanism of Action Bacterial toxin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Clostridium infections
- Research Crohn's disease; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Ulcerative colitis