Research programme: complement factor D inhibitors - Achillion PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: ACH CFDIS
Latest Information Update: 07 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator Achillion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Complement factor D inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Age-related macular degeneration; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 2016 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (Inhalation) prior top January 2016 (Achillion pipeline, January 2016)
- 15 Jul 2015 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (Intrvitreous)